This blog was requested by one of our readers. Do you have a filtration question you’d like answered? Have a certain product that you want to know more about? Or is there a topic that you’d like us to start a discussion on? We’d love to hear from you! Please share it with us in the blog comments.
If you’re in the market for an under-sink filter system, boy, have we got a treat for you!
There are so many benefits of having an under-sink water filter system.
- Your food will taste better. Having filtered water to cook with will make your food taste even better.
- You’ll be healthier. Knowing that your water is fresh and free of contaminants will give you peace of mind and keeps you healthy.
- You’ll save money and help save the planet. The convenience of having on-demand filtered water eliminates the need to buy water bottles which will save you money and helps save the planet.
…the list goes on and on.
When it comes to choosing the right under-sink water filter system, there are a few you’ll need to ask yourself:
- What’s my budget?
- What contaminants do I need to filter out of my water?
- What kind of installation am I looking for?
We consulted the 2019 Consumer Report for Under-Sink Filter Systems and have compiled a list to help make it easier to choose the one that is right for you!
3M Aqua-Pure AP-DWS1000 Drinking Water System
The 3M Aqua-Pure AP-DWS1000 Undersink Water Filter System is a convenient alternative to bottled water.
This Aqua-Pure System filters the following contaminants:
+ it comes with MTBE (the blending component of gasoline) protection.
Unique Feature: Comes with a lead-free faucet, installation hardware, pipe connections and a built-in monitoring device that shuts off water to remind you to change the cartridge.
Installation Level: Easy
US-EZ-4 Culligan Under Sink Water Filter System
The US-EZ-4 Culligan Under Sink Water Filter System installs easily beneath your kitchen or bathroom sink to deliver filtered drinking water right to your tap!
The Culligan US-EZ-4 removes the following from your tap water:
- Bad tastes and odors
- Taste and odor of chlorine
- Class I particulates
- Cysts such as cryptosporidium and giardia
Unique feature: Lead-free faucet contains a built-in filter life indicator so that you’ll always know when to change your filter.
Installation Level: Easy
EverPure H-1200 Drinking Water System
The EverPure H-1200 Drinking Water System – EV928200 delivers healthful, clean water every time.
This EverPure Drinking Water System reduces the following contaminants:
- Cysts such as Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, and Cryptosporidium parvum
- Bacteriostatic control
- VOCs including THMs (Trihalomethanes)
- Chlorine taste and odor
- Dirt and cloudiness
- Mold and algae
- Particulates (oxidized iron, manganese, and sulfides)
Unique Feature: Designed with the unique Micro-Pure technology, the H-1200 offers healthful, great-tasting water.
Please note this system is for cold water use only.
Installation Level: Unknown
Do you have an under-sink filtration system? Which one did you choose and why?
EcoBlueLife.com is a replacement water and air filter company located in the United States. The views and opinions contained herein are solely those of the original author and do not represent Eco Blue Life or its affiliates. This article was originally published on FiltersFast.com