It’s summertime and the living is easy, except when it comes to the high cost of cooling your home day after day after day.
At FiltersFast.com, we have a few tips and tricks to help you lower your monthly energy bill!
- Making sure your outside HVAC unit is working efficiently is paramount when it comes to lowering the cost of cooling your home. If you can’t remember the last time you had an HVAC professional perform routine maintenance on your HVAC unit, we recommend scheduling an appointment as soon as possible.
- Make sure you change your HVAC air filter regularly. Changing your HVAC air filters is quick and easy, and FiltersFast.com has a litany of different sizes to fit every home, no matter what your budget is!
For example, if you need an HVAC air filter with a 1-inch depth, we highly recommend the FiltersFast 1” Air Filters MERV 13 6-Pack. The 1″ Air Filters MERV 13 6-Pack effectively reduce pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores, dust mites and other allergens from indoor air. Removing these airborne particles alleviates allergies and sinus irritation that can cause watery eyes, itchy throat, coughing, and sneezing.
If you feel the MERV 13 is too high of a rating for your needs, we’ve got you covered! While the MERV 13 is the best solution FiltersFast.com has to offer, you can’t go wrong with MERV 8 or MERV 11, as both are extremely hardworking air filters. We’re sure you’ll notice a difference once you start using them. If your HVAC air duct requires a customized-size filter, no problem! We specialize in making custom-sized air filters, too!
- Try to keep your thermostat set no lower than 78 degrees and install ceiling fans in larger rooms to spread the cool air throughout your home.
- Close your drapes and blinds during the day to keep sunlight from entering your home
- Make sure all door and windows are securely shut and use weather stripping to prevent cool air from escaping outside.
- When you’re not home during the day, set your thermostat at a comfortable level. Never just turn it off because your HVAC system must work twice as hard to re-cool your home once you return.
- Replacing your wall thermostat is also a good idea to lower the cost of energy bills in the summertime. If you haven’t considered purchasing a Smart Thermostat, we recommend the Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro Programmable Thermostat. Besides its ease of use, the Lyric T6 allows you to monitor the temperature inside your home when you’re away. That’s right, you can adjust the temperature setting if you’re at work, shopping or even if you’re on vacation.
If you cool your home with a window air conditioning unit and your monthly energy bill seems extremely high, it may be high time to replace your unit. If your window air conditioner is newer, we suggest changing the filter to make sure it’s running efficiently.
We hope these tips and suggestions will help you keep your home cooling bill low this summer! At FiltersFast.com, we truly care about each and every one of customers and will do whatever we can to help you find the right filtration products for your home.
EcoBlueLife.com is a replacement water and air filter company located in the United States. The views and opinions contained herein are solely those of the original author and do not represent Eco Blue Life or its affiliates. This article was originally published on FiltersFast.com