You probably know more about refrigerator, sink and air filters, but whole house filters are important too! Plus, having a whole house filter has more benefits than you think. In most cases, tap and well water in the U.S. can contain moderate to heavy levels of contamination from industrial and environmental pollution. Contaminants can be anything from naturally occurring minerals to man-made chemicals and byproducts. Although majority of contaminant levels are not high enough to cause immediate sickness they can cause chronic health effects over time.
If you’ve ever wondered, “Do I need a whole house water filter system?” or “Is the water in my house clean?” here are some reasons you might want to consider it:
- Clean, filtered water emerges from every water source in the house
- Healthier showers & baths
- Extended life of water using appliances and household pipes
- Softened water with scale-free showers and spotless glasses
- Softer, brighter and longer lasting clothing
- Healthier skin and hair, free of contaminants
How to Figure Which Whole House Water Filter You Need
Our whole house water filter systems buyer’s guide is meant (like all of the other buyer’s guides on our site) to assist you, the consumer, with your decision to opt for fresh, clean filtered water in your household. Here are just a few things about whole house water filters, and what makes them unique:
- They are designed to remove sediment, dirt, sand, rust and heavy metals from your water. All of these contaminants can be harmful to the household appliances which are connected to your home’s water line. Some whole house filters also effectively reduce the bad taste and odor of chlorine.
- They filter much larger amounts of water than other conventional home water filters, including faucet filters, under sink filters and countertop filters. If you live in a large household, you may want to opt for a whole house filter, instead of, or even in conjunction with, one or more of these other filter systems.
EcoBlueLife.com is a replacement water and air filter company located in the United States. The views and opinions contained herein are solely those of the original author and do not represent Eco Blue Life or its affiliates. This article was originally published on FiltersFast.com