You’ve heard the term ‘spring cleaning’ thrown around during this time of year, but have you ever wondered why spring cleaning is so important? When your home is insulated during the winter months, the air becomes stagnant, dust settles, and respiratory ailments can arise as a result. This is perhaps the number one reason why spring cleaning is important: to improve the indoor air quality in your home or apartment.
- Don’t forget to change your air filters. Air filters and spring cleaning should go hand-in-hand. Spring cleaning is important in removing dust and dirt buildup that can easily accumulate in your home or apartment. Air filters are proven to reduce dust buildup by up to 99%, along with other allergens and airborne contaminants. While you’re spring cleaning, don’t neglect to replace your air filters. If you live in an apartment, don’t neglect to have maintenance come by and switch out your current air filter for a new one. Need to order your air filter? Click here.
- Spring is the perfect time to feng shui. Items and furniture in your home or apartment remain in one place over a long period of time allowing for dust and dirt to build up. A thorough spring cleaning removes the accumulated dust and dirt buildup that may have otherwise gone unnoticed. As a bonus, this might also be a good time to rearrange the furniture for a new feel in your home.
- Getting rid of dust? Get rid of clutter too! While cleaning, you’ll notice all of the clutter that has built up over time and how much space it’s taking up! Now may be a good time to do an inventory of the things you really need and want and sell/donate the rest.
- Don’t forget to clean your appliances! This is the perfect time to show some attention to your appliances such as your washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, etc. Fortunately, we have cleaning supplies to aid you in the journey. Don’t forget your garbage disposal either!
- Pay attention to your vacuum cleaner. You’re going to be using your vacuum cleaner a lot, so you might want to make sure it is in good working order before you use it. Check to make sure that the vacuum filter is clean and remove any clogs that might prevent it from doing its intended job. One tool that is perfect for spring cleaning, is the LivePure UV HEPA Dust Mite Vacuum. This vacuum works tirelessly to neutralize the allergens that cause dust mites and particles that live deep inside mattresses, bedding, furniture, carpet, and clothing.
Do you have any spring cleaning tips that weren’t mentioned here? Be sure to leave them in the comment section below!
EcoBlueLife.com is a replacement water and air filter company located in the United States. The views and opinions contained herein are solely those of the original author and do not represent Eco Blue Life or its affiliates. This article was originally published on FiltersFast.com